Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

OIL PUMP MAY BE RUIN-PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Default OIL PUMP MAY BE RUIN-PLEASE HELP

I HAVE A 97 CIVIC 1.6 AUTOMATIC. MY DAUGHTER RECENTLY HIT A DIP IN THE ROAD CAUSE A HUGE DENT IN THE OIL PAN.EVERY SINCE THEN THE CAR SHAKES ALOTWHILE IDLING AND SEEMS TO HAVE LOST POWER.I HAVE REMOVED THE OIL PAN AND NOTICE NOT DAMAGE TO THE OIL PICK UP, I HAVE ALSO HAD THE HEAD GASKET, PLUGS AND WIRES REPLACED.
I THEN CHANGED THE OIL AND FILTER, BUT NOW THE OIL LIGHT COMES ON AND IT STILL SHAKES LIKE CRAZY.
COULD IT BE THE OIL PUMP?, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT............................................... ....THANKS

Old 03-19-2008, 03:44 PM
gwl
HCF Member
Default RE: OIL PUMP MAY BE RUIN-PLEASE HELP

I could see why you replace the oil pan but why was the head gasket replaced? Also, did the oil light come on after the oil change? Check the dip stick to see where the oll level is at. If you have insufficient oil flow, you may get a loud rod knock and possibly a very high engine temp. The vibration may be due a broken motor mount.