Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

oil leak on 1.6vtec

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Default oil leak on 1.6vtec

I'm new here...I appreciate the help fellow..

I bought a 95 ex and it had a bad oil leak problem prior to me making the purchase. Its now pulleddown to the timing belt and the wholefront of the motor is covered in the oil. The belt looks clean andthe seals look decent they may have leaked a little but certainly dont appear to be the real issue? The block looks ok fromwhat Ican see since everything is covered in oil. I was wondering if there were any commons oil leaks that would cause oil to pour out? I plan on changing the crank/cam seals and the timing belt & tensioner but I don't want to button it up if there is something else likesomething that has todo with the oil pump. It looks maybe like the oil pan gasket could have been leaking a little but again hard to determine with everything covered and the engine partially pulled down soits not like I can fill and wait and watch.The previous ownersaid it was just pouring out I asked from where they said from underneath so they were no help...I again appreciate anyandall help you can give the newbie...Take Care

Old 05-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: oil leak on 1.6vtec

oil will be gravity fead so find the highest spot its leaking from and go from there

Old 05-14-2007, 05:30 AM
Default RE: oil leak on 1.6vtec

looking for parts. im after a 1.6vtec to put into my 93' civic. if any one has any information on one could you give me a shout! my email address is fowllmouth@hotmail.co.uk cheers. fowler189