Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

New Alarm Installed - Now The Passenger Door Won't Un/Lock

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:30 AM
HCF Member
Default New Alarm Installed - Now The Passenger Door Won't Un/Lock

Hi All

I just got an alarm installed "professionally". My 96 Civic Hatch 2dr has central locking (lock/unlock the drivers door and other one does the same).

Before I had the alarm installed I believe they worked fine, but now that the alarm is installed, when I click my arm / disarm button on the alarm remote, only the drivers side door locks/unlocks.

When I turn the car off, sometimes the passenger side door is locked, sometimes it isn't. Basically I have to check that its locked before exiting the vehicle (which really defeats the purpose of having the security and piece of mind of a car alarm... right?)

The other wierd thing is that my car randomly locks / unlocks the doors, when I start driving and when I'm just sitting in it mucking around (but it's always done this)

FYI, they claim the problem existed before they installed the alarm, so won't fix it for free =((

To me its feels like I need to reset the computer that controls the central locking (if ther is such a thing)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to see if I can fix it myself (with a little HCF help) before forking out more money to have the alarm guys try to sort it.

Would really apreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance