Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Need Window Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 06:11 PM
HCF Member
Default Need Window Help

when i roll up my passenger side window when it gets to the top before the glass tucks into the black weather stripping it gets stuck there, so it wouldn't roll all the way up. seems like the glass is going straight at the black weather stripping and stays on top of it, but not in front of it so that the glass continues going up.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

You'll need to remove the door panel to check whether the regulator or window is loose or misaligned.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:31 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by RonJ
You'll need to remove the door panel to check whether the regulator or window is loose or misaligned.
but the window is still running on its track, its just when the glass gets to the top a black weatherstrip on the top is stopping the glass from closing, should i still remove the panel and check? what do i need to look for

Old 08-29-2008, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

When mine was doing that, the window came off the rail in the front. So when the window was rolling up it was stopping because the rubber piece came off, the back of the window would stick right out

Old 08-29-2008, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

but my window is still on track its just a weather stripping that is stopping the glass from moving up on the top. everything looks fine. could it be because of a new glass, because i had it replace because someone decided to break it.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:13 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
but my window is still on track its just a weather stripping that is stopping the glass from moving up on the top. everything looks fine. could it be because of a new glass, because i had it replace because someone decided to break it.
My guess is that the new window was installed slightly misaligned or has since become loose. You'll need to pull off the door panel (really not very difficult) to see if the bolts holding the window to the regulator are slightly loose or if the window regulator itself is slightly loose or misaligned.

This is assumes that the replacement glass was is the correct one.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:56 AM
HCF Member

This happened to me last week. You can watch the window go up you should be able to see in the black strip in the middle where the window should go. If it is on the outer side of it and stopping then the window has fallen off track but it will still go up and down this doesn't mean it is still on track. You will probably have to take off the door panel and check

Old 08-30-2008, 10:00 AM
HCF Member

thanks guys, i will remove my door panels and see if all the bolts are tight and observe it going up and down and see what the problem is. i will update you guys

Old 08-30-2008, 03:42 PM
HCF Member

so i went out and checked it out today, i remove the door panels and everything seems fine. so i decided to bring it to a body shop and have them take a look, they told me that i should weld the door frame and the window frame (the metal parts) because it seems like there is a weld missing. on one side. they use wd-40 lubricant on the weather stripping and it seems to fix the problem, but they say its only temporary.