Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Need some help please. on brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Default Need some help please. on brakes

Hey, so I did a rear drum to disk conversion in my 1990 crx. I ran into a few problems. 1) the control arms that I got were off of a 93 integra and the e-brake cables are way tooo long, what should I do? 2) I replaced my master cylinder withone that was made for a stock 1990 crx, was this the wrong one since I have rear disk brakes now? 3) my brake pedal goes way to the floor, ive adjusted the calipers as much as possible and I bled the **** out of them, i resurfaced my rotors and the pads look a little worn, could this be the problem? Could that extra little space be the problem to my pedal sinking before friction?HOW DO i GET MY BRAKES TO BE EXTREMELY TIGHT?
Thanks for the help. I feel that I've done all the basics and that there might just be something that I'm missing.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Default RE: Need some help please. on brakes

I have no idea. But you know who might is www.2carpros.com I swer by these guys. They helped me with my 98 Civic a bunch of times.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:32 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need some help please. on brakes

couple things. Ebrake cables, you need to get them off a CRX with disc brakes. The integra ones are too long for a rex and they will work but you will have to have some of the cable hanging under it.

If you are having problems with your brake firmness, you might want to get the DA master cylindar, brake booster and forsure the 40/40 prop valve. The prop valve is what splits the brake fliud to front brakes and the back brakes. Drum brakes require different ammounts of fluid so you need to get the right prop valve.

Now for me, i bought the prop valve but never installed it and never ever ran into a problem. brakes work fine. I do remember is that i had to pump all new brake fliud through the lines. i sat there for atlieast 20 min pumping the brakes untill all the fluild was clean and i knew that there was no air in teh system. I did this by getting 4 coffee cans and hoses and just constantly had someone poor brake fliud while i pumped until i could see its all new fluid.

this is the site i got my information from if you want to check it out

good luck man

http://fourthgenhatch.net/reardiscswap.html