Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

My car shakes on acceleration!! HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: My car shakes on acceleration!! HELP!!!!!

Does the shaking also occur at constant speed, for example when you are driving on the freeway? If so, have your wheels rebalanced at a different shop.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:37 AM

r u sure the axles r good cuz i was having this problem on my 95 civic and i thought the axles were good but i decided that i ws gonna redo my whole front end and i found that the axles were actually bad. If u get under there and grab the axles and if they move up and down u need to replace them. Any slack up and down is bad and also if you can twist them they need to be replaced. When i thought mine were good i pulled them out and found they had seperated at the joint which was making it barely out of round causing it to vibrate at accel. I definetly recommend at least removing them and checking since it is fairly easy to do your self. The axle nut is a 32mm

Old 03-28-2008, 06:40 PM

Hey,I don't know if you have tried this,but have you changed the transmission fluid? I have had lots of cars do this on acceleration,because nobody has ever changed the fluid in the transmission,and it does not flow thru the dirty filter,therefore causing hiccups. And you need to see if it does it at idle,or at speed. If not at idle,engine good. I would definitely change the fluid,has worked for me b4.