Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Loopy Idle 93 Civic Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Default RE: Loopy Idle 93 Civic Automatic

I have a couple extra parts motors I saved , and just took one off , but since it is used I'm not sure if it's good or not. I checked prices on new and used ones and found a used one on ebay for 90.00

ahttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=7934603 922&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

There is also a junk yard near me that has a few civics I could look if you want, they're real cheap if u pull the part yourself. Since it's not too much to take off, I could stop by and look for you if you want. Don't know what they would charge or how good the part would be though.
I did notice there are a couple rubber gaskets on the part, and so far even the dealership near me can't get those separate, have to get the whole part which was 180.00 through them.
I picked up some vacuum hoses last night to replace the old ones on my car to try to pinpoint the problem, but I'm getting ready to go out of town for the weekend and didn't get time to work on it yet.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:02 AM

Yeah, I don't think those gaskets get messed up anyway.

As far as the dealeer price goes...that's the same price I got qouted!

The Junk Yards out here in L.A. have like ZERO civics! They attack them like piranhas to meat!

I'll let you know if I you could get me one. I really appreciate the offer!

I also need some vacuum lines. I'm gonna see what I can find out here. Some of the ones on my car are pretty brittle now.

Oh, yesterday my car almost overheated! All the hoses are fairly new but one of the bypass hoses got a "split" on the bottom of it. I was on the freeway at the time too when I noticed the temperature WAY up. Luckily I got off like in half a mile and fixed it with a screwdriver and scissors! whew!

Good time to check all your hoses people!

Old 07-01-2005, 08:04 AM

Oh, btw, that part you have a link to, is used! you can tell it's just painted! the black plastic part is not supposed to me a metallic color!

Old 07-07-2005, 09:11 AM

Yea I noticed that too, so I figured might as well just use one I already had. I got some more hoses and am going to try to get them all changed this weekend, as well as fixing the idle problem. I haven't driven it much lately have been driving the truck and hauling but the last two times I drove it there was no erratic idle, ran great. kind of weird.
Did you get yours figured out?

Old 07-08-2005, 06:46 PM

It's sort of fixed. There are times, when in park, that the idle problem still shows. I'm pretty positive it's the IAC valve because taking it off and cleaning it helped it get waaaaaaay better. I'm gonna wait around to find one somewhere like on Ebay that is the correct one for my car.

How's your car doing?

Old 07-09-2005, 09:08 AM

I am going to change the vacuum hoses today anyway and see how far I can get on the other stuff, but it's not been acting up lately I don't know why. The other thing I have is the fact that alot of the parts on this car were sitting for 4 years so I notice some stuff sticking like the hood latch, got that fixed but took a few opens and closes with oiling to get it loosened up. So just running it might help with some things. I think it's a good idea for maintenance to go over the stuff anyway. If I find anything I will let you know.