Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Little tabs around emergency brake....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 01:31 PM
HCF Member
Default Little tabs around emergency brake....

Does anyone know what the little tabs are for on either side of the emergency brake? (there are 4 kind of rectangle looking) I was thinking of using one of them for a fog light switch or an alarm light but I'm not sure if they are some universal size or just a headache waiting to happen. Anyone use these for anything.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Little tabs around emergency brake....

I ACTUALY JUST FOUND OUT THE OTHER DAY......

ive been wondering this for almost a year now!!!!
first time ive ever seen something for them... tho NOT CHEAP

plus it looks kinda far shiping...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...04092&rd=1

to me looks like he has a kinda low feedback for someone with such high dollar stuff.... BUT at least i know WTF these holes are for! preaty lame to me tho...... just a coin holder.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

You can just take a screwdriver and pry them out, they are pretty hard to break. I have taken mine out and drilled holes in them and put switches in them for my neon and it turned out fairly well even though I am going to redo them eventually. There are not any switches you can buy that will fit in there perfectly that I know of, for fog lights people ususaly put an OEM foglight switch on the dash on the right side of the steering wheel where the power mirrors and sunroof switches are.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

I ACTUALY JUST FOUND OUT THE OTHER DAY......

ive been wondering this for almost a year now!!!!
first time ive ever seen something for them... tho NOT CHEAP

plus it looks kinda far shiping...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...04092&rd=1

to me looks like he has a kinda low feedback for someone with such high dollar stuff.... BUT at least i know WTF these holes are for! preaty lame to me tho...... just a coin holder.

man that sucks... i've been wondering forever, and always thought it was something cool that would go there. I've already got a coin holder... it's called an ashtray. And if it's JDM, do our coins even fit in it right?

Old 01-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member

.... hahahaha probably not now that you bring that up...

hardest part about puting switches in them is finding a way to fit the switch with also mounting that tab back in thier!
cause if you put a decent size switch in thier then you loose the spring tab that holds it in thier....
what i would sugest is pulling off the arm rest part of the console and HOT GLUE the pieces to the console FROM THE REAR.
and like modifying anything cut the hole small and work off that cutting it slightly larger till it fits, its easier to keep test fiting and get it realy close than to cut to much and fill the hole..