Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Kill Switches

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Default Kill Switches

Hi,

Well my first safety measure is a fuel pump kill switch. Im just wondering where I can access the fuel pump wire on a 98 honda civic EX. I am following this guide: http://www.courtlukens.com/Tech/cutoff_switch.htm and im just wondering if its the same spot or not.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 11-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Default RE: Kill Switches

Yeh, it should be easy to access under your rear seat.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

So you would have to flip every time you left the car and every time you entered the car? I find that pointless cause i would forget to activate the switch.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:54 PM

I'm working on a similar project for my car now. I'm gonna disable the fuel pump and the starter at the same time.
Check this out.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_48447/tm.htm

Old 11-01-2005, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

I'm working on a similar project for my car now. I'm gonna disable the fuel pump and the starter at the same time.
Check this out.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_48447/tm.htm

Hey,

I read that on a quick search I did. Looks complicated althought Im sure its not I have no idea when it comes to electrical stuff so I am trying to keep it simple with just a switch. I woulden't mind another switch for the starter but thats another project after I complete this one. I even thought of running 2 fuel pump kill switchs, 1 inside the car and 1 in the trunk. I would only ever use the trunk one of I was away from the car for along time. Just a thought.

Jeff

Old 11-01-2005, 11:24 PM
HCF Member

Why not just get an alarm with a kill switch?

Old 11-02-2005, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Mad7s
Why not just get an alarm with a kill switch?
Alarms can be beaten. You have to find a home-made kill switch to beat it.

ORIGINAL: Xoopiter
I woulden't mind another switch for the starter but thats another project after I complete this one.
Just use a DPDT (double pole double throw) switch then. It switches 2 circuits at the same time (it has twice as many connections on it).
You hook it up to interrupt your fuel pump circuit and your starter circuit. May sound complicated, but it's not.
If you need any help Xoopiter, just PM me.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

Alarms can be beaten
How?

Old 11-02-2005, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Mad7s
How?
Just like alarms can be built to protect, devices can be built to crack alarms. I also saw a show on this, and there are experts that have devices that crack the code (even if it's progressive and changes), exactly the same way that there are devices that can crack garage door openers.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

That sucks. I'm going to make myself feel better and just assume that car thieves with those kinds of devices have better cars than my beat civic to steal. Hope the switch works out.

Quick Reply: Kill Switches