Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Keyless Entry and Aftermarket Radios

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Default Keyless Entry and Aftermarket Radios

Okay Im brand new here so dont chew me out too bad for my first post....

Just installed a new alpine head unit on my 02 civic and the keyless entry broke up with me....

I know that the keyless entry does not work with aftermarket radio's but my qustion is why? I have been searching all over the web and have only gotten bits and pieces of what I am looking for. More appropriatly, is there anyway to get keyless entry set up again via an aftermarket kit or anything of that nature or should I just suck it up and move on with life?

Thank you in advance
Stephanie-

Old 09-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Default RE: Keyless Entry and Aftermarket Radios

well im sort of limited on information but ill try there is a kit where u can buy that u can keep ur aftermarket radio and still have keyless entry so i guess who ever that instaled ur radio just cut and splice wires and didnt do a good job. but for me keyless entry suck becasue it not relly an alarm its just open and lock door and trunk. if i was u i would just install an after market alarmsince its more secure sicne it actually provide more of a security and by secuirty i mean a good alarm comes witha horn, dual shock sensor,keyless entry,push button start and ect. so u would benfit more for a aftermarket alarm, only thign i dont know is if an after market alarm will voidwarrenty. but yeah u can fix the alarm problem. i hope this help i have an 96 dx car so that why im kinda limited on information about alarm since keyless entry doesnt work on my car only thign that work is the door trigger

Old 09-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Default RE: Keyless Entry and Aftermarket Radios

i install car sterios for a living. i cant remember what the harness part number is exactly but theres on that has 3 plugs instead of just 2. one for the car, one for the deck and one goes to either the keyless entry module or the stock cd player(which you might have to hide somewhere behind the dash.. ive done them more than once and they work great. just go back to wherever you got it installed and explain the problem to them.