Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Just got my damn civic running, now its down again argh

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 01:14 AM
HCF Member
Default Just got my damn civic running, now its down again argh

RONJ i need yer help again. ill be as clear as i possibly can "im a pc repair tech and i like customers to be as percise as possible so i can solve their problem" but in short i think my alternator finally took a shyt on me. only had it a year now and i think it finally shyt on me. i noticed problems a few months back but it finally bit me in the **** yesterday. i was drivin to a friends and i noticed my sub wasnt knockin like it should lol. i was like whatever so continued. lost my amplifier. then shortly after the stereo. then when id turn my turn signal while braking at a light everytime the turn signal would flash the battery light would dim baddly. thats where im like fock this shyt and i turned around and raced home. ive had this happen to me before and i wasnt bout to be stranded. it was raining very bad and i was afraid to use my brakes cuz i didnt want my battery totally dying on me to the point it couldnt fire the plugs. got it home, parked it, turned it off, attempted to start it and it wouldnt even attempt to turn over. matter n fact when id turn the key to start the console lights would dim. well i havent even attempted to look at it since, denver just got hit with a crazy snowstorm so i didnt even bother fackin with it. but before this my battery light would flash crazy. then it would stay on and wouldnt turn off at all. itd SOMETIMES turn off SOMETIMES going at high speeds on the highway. i dropped the alt and took it apart and checked the brushes and they looked long as ****. so im going to rule out the brushes. but i did search and found a topic about newer civics 96-00 the wiring harness under the PGMFI was getting fooked up or something like that. could that be my case? check for a blown fuse. im lost what to do and im half tempted to go get a voltage regulator from a junkyard. or maybe even a nippondenso alternator. i cant stand this damn mitsubishi one i got. o and btw mine is a 1989 honda civic DX hatchback 1.5L DP PGM-FI. lol i even have a gay throttle body but imma fix that when my dumbass gets the car running stable. and another thing. i wonder if it isnt my amp killing the alt. i was going to do purple uv underbody leds on my car till this bullshyt happened. but thanks for readin and any help is more than overappreciated. thx guys