Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Intake Air Temp Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Default Intake Air Temp Sensor

1998 Honda Civic EX. I purchased the car used. There was a cold air intake installed. At the time I thought nothing of it. Had to get emissions checked today and it threw a CEL. It appears the intake air temp sensor is not connected to anything. The intake air sensor looks fine. The part that connects to the sensor is connected, but the wires that go into it were pulled out. Any tips on how to repair? Basically I have to get the wires back into the part that connects to the sensor. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

so by the way you describe it, it seems the wires have been pulled out of the pigtail, well what i would do is see if you can find a replacement one, if not , and if you are good and detailed you could dissect the pigtail, and strip the wiring and try to reattach the wires maybe with a dot of solder, and then rewrap it all with electrical tape..... now that i think about it i would just try to find a replacement pigtail socket

Old 04-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Default re:

That's what I was thinking but the wiring joins with a bunch of others into black rubber tubing. Maybe I could bypass that, but I don't know where the wires lead to. So I guess I need to know where the air intake sensor connects to (coming from the intake going to?)...