Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

I'm retarted... code reader help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: I'm retarted... code reader help.

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

Ironically enough, that was blown and the car wouldn't run. I replaced it and it runs now. In my manual it says that it is fuse #10 - 7.5a - Interior Light.
Does your Actron unit now power up properly?

Old 11-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Ironically enough, that was blown and the car wouldn't run. I replaced it and it runs now. In my manual it says that it is fuse #10 - 7.5a - Interior Light.

The picture describes the circuit controlled by each fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25538/3D602B59A0114B608DC543F378E172A2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2007, 02:52 PM
HCF Member

I replaced that fuse before I even tried to pull my code.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Do the ceiling and trunk lights work?

Are any DLC pins damaged (see earlier post).

Old 11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
HCF Member

Accualy come to think of it they do not. They havn't for over a month or two. I don't know about the pins though, I have to wait until tomorrow until I can find out because I will wake people up if I go outside to work on my car with opening and closing doors and stuff.

Edit: I think the ceiling light stopped working about a week after I installed a viper alarm and that beeping noise you hear when you open the door with keys in the ign or with headlights on does not beep anymore.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

So if fuse #43 is fine, then most likely the wire leading to the DLC, trunk light, and ceiling light is broken or not grounded properly. This might explain why the fuse originally blew. When this problem is fixed, your Actron unit should work fine.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Accualy come to think of it they do not. They havn't for over a month or two. I don't know about the pins though, I have to wait until tomorrow until I can find out because I will wake people up if I go outside to work on my car with opening and closing doors and stuff.

Edit: I think the ceiling light stopped working about a week after I installed a viper alarm and that beeping noise you hear when you open the door with keys in the ign or with headlights on does not beep anymore.
This points to the recent installation of your alarm system as being a prime candidate for causing your electrical problems. The alarm system is likely wired into the same circuit as the DLC and lights.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

It is drawing power from the empty spot on the fuse box that is for constant power and just grounded to the chasis close to where it is hidden. Should I unplugg it and see if everything else works again?

Edit: My alarm has domelight supervision, could I have wired it backwards (positive wire from alarmto neg domelight and neg alarm wireto pos domelight) and that cause it?

Old 11-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Yes, disconnect the alarm and test whether your ceiling light then comes ON. If not, you will need to trace the wire short in the DLC/light circuit. Is it possible that, during installation of the alarm system, you inadvertently damaged a wire for the DLC/light circuit? I would pursue the latter idea.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

I could have damanged the light circuit, read my above edit... How do I test these ideas? (tracing the wire short or damaged circuit) I have a cheap multimeter.

Quick Reply: I'm retarted... code reader help.