Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

i think i messed up my electrical system

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Default i think i messed up my electrical system

my spedo started acting funny a while ago and today i wanted to try to fix it so i removed and inspected the vss. it was fine then i put it back in. afther that i drove the car to see if that fixed it it diddent so i took the guage cluster out and took it apart to see if there was any visible problems. there wasent so i put the cluster back in. now all i get is the beeping sound from my door open when i put the key in, but its not as loud as it was. then when i turn the key on no dash lights and no crank. i disconnected the negative batt cable so when i took the cluster out the airbag wouldent kill me and connected it when i was done. its a new batt and i checked all fuses that might have anything to do with the car starting/running and they are all good. im not sure if the problem is some how connected to the cluster or not. kinda clueless

Old 01-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member

What year/model Civic?

Sounds like the battery ran down. Clean the battery posts, connectors, and the ground wire attached to the engine bay, and then take the battery to be charged at your local auto parts store.