Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

how to get rid of noise?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:36 PM
ken
Default how to get rid of noise?

Hi All,
I am a new member here and would like to share the problem that i have now with my civic 2001 Lx manual.
i would like to tell about what i did on my car. i bought this used like 10 months ago and got both front struts changed because the left one was bad already. After that i put on Neuspeed spring that lower about 1.5" back and 1.75" front. Everything was alright.
after 2 months later, i feel like to lower it, so i cut both front and rear spring using dremel, then lower till like about 2.25"( with original struts on).
in Summer, i decided to put the original spring back. and then the problem came.
There is some noise kind of like holding noise like deg..deg.. when turning the steering wheel (with the car sits still and engine On). Sometimes when driving and turning to the right or left, that noise/sound is getting louder somekind of disposition something. From what i heard, the noise comes from around the front struts.

Does anybody know what does that noise from or supposed to be?
How to fix it? How much it will cost?

Thank You
-Ken-

Old 11-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Default RE: how to get rid of noise?

how, long did you drive the car with 2.25 drop? It's very likely that you damaged the struts. Don't quote me on this, but there might also be a problem with a control arm (this is a guess). All in all, I doubt that it would be very expensive to repair- it's a civic, so there's tons of parts for it out there. I also recommend taking the car to the mechanic. Let them identify the problem, and then you might be able to fix it yourself. I do it all the time I have a problem, plus they don't charge anything to take a look.

Old 11-27-2004, 03:50 PM
ken
Default RE: how to get rid of noise?

Thanks for the repy andryuha.
i drove at that low probably more than one month. i took it to Meineke, the people said it is because of the mounted or called bearing plate which is not an safety issue. But, that's sound seems to be not only from that plate.