Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HondaCare Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Default HondaCare Warranties

I currently have a honda care warranty and was worried about voiding my warranty if i installed a CAI.
so i did some reading.
This may help some of you out who are worried about the same...(that have honda care warranties of course)

C. Any repair if a non-authorized part or accessory caused or contributed to, the MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN (e.g. aftermarket performance parts, cold air intakes, strut tower braces, headers, adjustable fuel rails, non-factory or non-DEALER installed stereo equipment, radios, speakers, amplifiers, compact disc changers, mp3 players, satellite radio/stereo systems, ect.).

the way i read this is that the warranty is only void if the aftermarket part cause the problem....ie your radiator goes out, your CAI is not going to be the cause of your radiotor to go out, therefore should be covered under warranty...

although honda service will always try to be sly and worm their way out of the warranty work and try to find and off the wall reason for a CAI to cause a radiator to go bad... you know the dealership drill, right