Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda civic radio message.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Default Honda civic radio message.

Hello, I am the proud new owner of a brand new 2008 Ex honda civic coupe, my friend also has one which inspired me to get one, now for the question, when my friend turns on his car, the radio says a message like "hello doctor!" (cause hes a doctor) and he told me he programed this himself, but i forgot to ask him how, can someone please tell me how i can program my radio for this message? thank you^^.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Default RE: Honda civic radio message.

1. Make sure the radio is OFF
2.Push and hold the TUNE button and then push the power/volume button. Youll see the first letter blinking.
3. Turn the TUNE **** to change a letter
4. Push the top of the SEEK button to select the next segment, then turn the TUNE **** to select a letter. Repeat this procedure to set your message.
To change the letter, select the previous segment by pushing the bottom of the SEEK button.
The system will return to the audio display about 5 seconds after you stop selecting a letter.