Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda Civic 2001 LX Sedan Struts

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Default Sensen Struts for Honda Civic 2001 LX

$85 for a pair of struts might be too good to be true when the same costs about double from monroe, kyb etc but these SENSENs are really nice struts.There's not enough review but being on a tight budget I decided to give them a try. Because it took me sometime to do some research on the struts, the price went up by $15, when I checked them in Jan 2012 beginning it was only $70. The price has increased everywhere at apxautoparts ($105) and also on ebay. Amazon was the lowest at $85 (including shipping)so I ordered them on Saturday, got them delivered by Fedex on Thursday early morning here in Minneapolis.

The coating looked good, and installation was a breeze, fits perfectly.I could keep all the old/original components and swapped out just the dead struts with these new ones.

So far I have driven 30 miles on them, since the installation on yesterday and what I can say they are a massive improvement over my dead OE struts. The car feels much in control in corners and there is almost no body roll at all.

Cant compare them to KYB, Monroe etc, because I have not driven a car with them but here is what I felt with the SENSEN struts

Firmer than stock struts while cornering.
Feels same or little better than stock struts over pot holes.
Perfect fit and ease of installation.
Great price.

It's too early to comment on the quality now, let me drive on them more and comeback and add to my comments. Lets hope they will last till I ultimately decide to get rid of the car

Last edited by aviseqdas; 03-02-2012 at 06:11 AM.