Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

high beams dont work please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: high beams dont work please help

i will try that thanks

Old 06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

ok i tried that, its good for the relay. the dash lights have some part in this, as i looked at how the owner before me hooked them up its strait to the switch, i will try to take them off and see what happens then. they come on faster if i turn off the color dash lights with the dimmer switch that came with it.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:01 AM
HCF Member

just to ad a small note the battery is relocated in the rear might that have something to do with it?
the dash lights have some part in this, as i looked at how the owner before me hooked them up its strait to the switch, i will try to take them off and see what happens then.
judging from the above 2 comments, your car has been modified electrically and it appears to me to be the obvious reason why your high beams are not functioning properly. Unless you know what you are doing, I would get some help.

it appears to me that your high beam circuit is overloaded hence causing it to function improperly. My guess is that the previous owner rewired things when he moved the battery to the rear and did not take into account the current through the circuits.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mundy5

just to ad a small note the battery is relocated in the rear might that have something to do with it?
the dash lights have some part in this, as i looked at how the owner before me hooked them up its strait to the switch, i will try to take them off and see what happens then.
judging from the above 2 comments, your car has been modified electrically and it appears to me to be the obvious reason why your high beams are not functioning properly. Unless you know what you are doing, I would get some help.

it appears to me that your high beam circuit is overloaded hence causing it to function improperly. My guess is that the previous owner rewired things when he moved the battery to the rear and did not take into account the current through the circuits.
+1

Name:  picture_1005.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  51.5 KB

Old 06-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Recognized HCF Member

All bets are off as the car has been rewired. Usually the best course of action is to rewire it back to stock configuration and then troubleshoot from there.