Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help.. please... ignition

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Default Help.. please... ignition

so i bought my honda 4 months ago... it ran fine. but i didnt have my lisence so i just ripped my interior apart and redid it. I got my lisence yesterday... so ive been putting it back together... (looks sexy) but now it wont start. It started 2 weeks ago before i took my dash out.... but i painted my dash and put it back in... now it doesnt start. I never unhooked the actually ignition coming from the key. I unhooked one end of my battery before i took everything out. The only things that i unhooked where things like... my deck/hazards/turningsignals/wipers ect.. all the things on the dash... but i hooked them all back up and they work fine. When i turn the key my engine turns over and over for like 10 seconds till my battery dies... (i got it hooked up to a charger). I have new speakers in now too.. alpine type s... but i dont think that would effect it. Its low on oil...? but not dangerousely low. the engine light is on. i have half a tank of gas... old gas? maybe 6-8 months old? but it ran 2 weeks ago? i know that it could be many things... im wondering if its related to me taking out my dash... fuses or anything i could have blown some how? maybe someones done this before?

Old 10-04-2006, 11:10 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Help.. please... ignition

Do you have spark? Do you have fuel?

Old 10-04-2006, 01:29 PM

i have half tank of gas... gonna check for spark tonight.. i gotta find a long socket so i can get to the plugs...
if it helps... its a 1990 hatch. standard.... i am pushing in the clutch all the way.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

need to get the oil up so the engine light is not on.
fill at least to the add mark.
i would get the battery up - clean the cables and the battery terminal.
at least have that good.