Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP...............2000 honda civic, shakes, flashing CE, rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Default HELP...............2000 honda civic, shakes, flashing CE, rough idle

I was traveling on the freeway doing 80mph(oil change done every 3000, timing belt done at 150, head gasket done at 200, and car has 306 on it...lol..i love honda's) and all the sudden my car looses power(bogs down) and the check engine light that has been on for years( low voltage 02 sensor) flashes. I pull off the freeway, check oil...lol..and check collant, all were good. i then checked belts, and all were good. I ended up driving it home(50 miles). the car shakes at low rpm's and has a rough idle. after reading post on the net, i changed the plugs, which were bad, changed the air filter, plug wires, rotor and cap. i also flushed my raditor. the car still shakes at idle and low rpm and the check engine light flashes at low rpm and idle. When i accelerate the light stops flashing and power seems to be there, but have not really pushed it. sound like i hear a different sound coming from the engine, but not 100% sure. i was told i should change the 02 sensors but that probably wont fix my problem. i was also told to do a valve adjustment.

any help appreciated. thanks in advance

Old 01-26-2011, 07:17 AM

Update.....

I got the CEL codes read and I got 4 codes:
P0301, CYL 1 MISFIRE,
P0303, CYL 3 MISFIRE
P0300, MULTI CYL MISFIRE
P1399, i HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND WHAT THIS CODE IS FOR, cAN ANYONE HELP ME ON THIS?