Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Headlights don't seem to reach far enough

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 05:03 PM
HCF Member
Default Headlights don't seem to reach far enough

I have an 06 Civic Coupe.

At night with the lights on low beam I can't see if anything is on the road ahead doing about 45 mph.
Driving in a hilly area I have to use the high beam lights all the time. I can't see a curve coming up or anything in the road at 45 mph. I would be able to see it just as I am about to hit it. It is almost like riding a roller coaster at night, not knowing what is coming up.

I have adjusted the lights up some, I am wondering if I could either adjust the lights up and farther to the sides or get brighter headlights.

Any suggestions?

Old 11-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Default RE: Headlights don't seem to reach far enough

My car has a height control switch near the E-brake. If yours has one then you can raise it from there. Else you can use the adjustment screw on the lights to get a height you are comfortable with. Make sure you dip them away from oncoming traffic.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:07 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Headlights don't seem to reach far enough

I noticed last night while driving that the lights are showing on the rear bumper of the car ahead of me at about 20 feet from the car in front of me.

So I went home and parked the car about 10 - 15 feet from the garage door with the lights on and turned the adjusting screws for both right and left lights. The screws turn but the headlights did notmove at all.

Too bad the car went out of warranty last week.

Maybe I could put a couple bags of cement in the trunk ?????