Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Header issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by shadman52
I just bought a 2 piece stainless header and had it professionally installed because I didnt want to deal with the hassle this time.
Hassle?

I'm kinda in trouble here I just spent over 210$ on this and my stickers been expired for almost 20 days already.
Sounds like you should have gotten it inspected, then installed the header. Or did you already have a CEL on before the install?

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
everything you need to know has been covered here:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=73237
+1

Originally Posted by shadman52
They no longer do an exhaust sniff test in this state.
I thought sniffer tests were on OBD1 vehicles only.

I wasn't aware everyone so paranoid on these forums, I was over on the prelude forums and found tons of people using test pipes and o2 extenders; lots of good info over there on how to beat "the man".
I have a test pipe, but trust me, I still need a....ummm.. a "hook up" to get around the whole "No communications" thing since I am running an OBD1 ECU in an OBD2b car.

Anyways I'm gonna go with the angled o2 simulator and I found an extender I can buy so it will reach my ebay header bung.
Def. let us know if it works. Good luck with it all.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

Hassle, yeah rusted bolts that needed to be torched, stripped secondary o2, and my CEL has been on about a year, due to a bad honda exhaust mani/cat combo, robbing my power and keeping me from getting ispected. And I usually do all my own work, I also own a dsm, and you never get to stop wrenching on those cars....

Anways I've got one more question, are civic O2 sensors considered a universal size? like are they the same size on most or all cars? The angled 02 simulator Im looking at just says "universal fit"