Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

fuel gauge not working + no sound from radio/cd

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Default fuel gauge not working + no sound from radio/cd

Hi,
I had some issues with my 97 EX (manual transmission). I couldn't start it anymore. First I thought it was the starter, but the starter was ok. Then I assumed it was the ignition switch. No it wasn't. Then I found out it was the little plastic pad (PAD, PEDAL STOPPER) on the clutch pedal that was broken off. What a pain in the ***. This took me about 6 hours to find out/repair. Worst thing is, that the same part broke off on the brake pedal (causing the brake lights to stay on and therefore draining the battery) just a month ago and I should have checked this part first.
Anyway, now my fuel gauge is not working and there is no sound from the radio/cd. While fixing the starting problem I twiddled with the cables under the dashboard next to the fuse box. I guess that I've disconnected something. I will check the fuses later today. I have read here that the control unit in the dash light dimmer might be the culprit, but my dash lights are working.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance