Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Front right strut problem? Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Default Front right strut problem? Warranty?

Hey everyone - yesterday I noticed a little rattling noise coming from the front right side of my car while I turn to the left, like in a parking lot. I check to turn right to see if the noise was present as well, but I heard nothing. I'm assuming it has something to do with the suspension since all the weight shifts to the right when I turn left. It's obviously not normal - would warranty cover this? I never heard the noise before because I always have my music playing, so I'm not sure how long this has been going on.

A few months back I did have Honda Service replace the front left strut because of a noise, but it was different. But it was all under warranty.

2006 Honda Civic Coupe is what I have.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Front right strut problem? Warranty?

It could be a CV joint. I don't know if that's covered under the warranty, butit makes sort of a repetetive squeaking sound, which is different than if it's a bad strut. If it is the CV joint, they only cost around 150-200 to replace. Hope this helps.