Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

front lower tie bar install

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Default front lower tie bar install

Ok this was my third attmpt at putin this on and I got everything to fit and then the bolt that goes back on the inner control arm mounts, they don't fit in the little coupling in the tie bar end. Should i relace that nut with another grade 10 just wihout the little collar on the nut? or what?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Default RE: front lower tie bar install

anyone got an answer. this understear really sucks guys! I know some one out ther can help me Sacicons the legend... WHERE ARE YOU!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 09:25 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Didn't Forty say he had to redrill the holes on his because they didn't fit?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Super Mario

Ok this was my third attmpt at putin this on and I got everything to fit and then the bolt that goes back on the inner control arm mounts, they don't fit in the little coupling in the tie bar end. Should i relace that nut with another grade 10 just wihout the little collar on the nut? or what?
Oooo, I know this one!

Jack up the bottom of the control arm, it gets pushed down and doesn't line up in the back where the nut is. If you're in the back, you might want to try jacking up on the trailing arm too so that it lines it up from front to back too. It took me a lil bit of adjusting to get mine back it. You'll get it though.

Oops, that had nothing to do with the question, I didn't read it correctly... still helpful to other people doing it so I'll leave it. Real answer below...

Old 12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

Didn't Forty say he had to redrill the holes on his because they didn't fit?
Oooo, I know this one too!

I had to drill out the holes on the front sway bar to get the massive bolts to fit though it. I really wouldn't mess with the bolts or anything, leave the factory stuff the way it is, modify the sway bar!

Old 12-12-2005, 09:49 PM
mxs
HCF Member

haha

$35 eBay set, right mario?

Old 12-13-2005, 01:17 AM

HAHAHA yeah, something like that. Definately e-bay though. But the thing is, all the other ones fit. There was absolutely no problem.
So what is the deal with this one? Oh well for 100 bucks it sure does enough wonders with 3 out of 4. I just can'timagen how much better it would be with that las one! oh and by the way they are strut bars not sway. those are on their way. so no ideas?

Old 12-13-2005, 01:29 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Super Mario

so no ideas?
no ideas other than drilling out the holes to make them bigger... will that work for you?

Old 12-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

mxs is right, I had to redrill the brackets on my front lower bar to get the bolts to fit through.

And I agree with amg, keep your oem hardware the way it is, just modify the aftermarket goodies. Shoot me a pm if you need aynthing else, I check my e-mail more often than I come here.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

I too had to drill the strut bar brackets for the front lower. The front lower one didn't make any difference for me as compared to the two uppers and rear lower though.

Quick Reply: front lower tie bar install