Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Error1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Default Error1?

Hey all,

This is my first post, so please bear with me.

My wife and I tried to start her car last night 2001 Civic (EX?) and it would start. When trying the keyless, nothing happened, so I thought, "Dead Battery."

We hopped on over to the local O'Reilly and got another battery, installed it and voila' it started right up.

This morning my wife says that now everything says "Error 1" or "ERR1" I dont' know which. The car starts, but the A/C took about 10 minutes to come on. The Odometer, the Radio, everything with an LCD says Error 1. What does that mean?

Old 08-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Default RE: Error1?

I've seen in other forums (now that i've done some more digging) that there is a code that you can input that should either be in the glovebox, trunk, owners manual, etc..

Do all the other issues described get cleared up by entering that radio code?

Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 AM
HCF Member

You will find the radio code in the fuse box. It is a 5 digit code, located on the underside of the fusebox cover. Input the code (using the preset number buttons) and you should be good to go I had the same problem yesterday. Keep us posted.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:04 AM
HCF Member

You might want to disconnect the battery cables again, to reset the computer. That might help with the AC and the LCD issues too.