Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

engine problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Default engine problems!!!

hi, i have a d15b7 and its acts really weird. First issue is the idle when i start the car it seems to idle a little high for a minute but then goes down, now if i start to drive right after starting the car the idle loops until the car warms up to norm; i have no idea what it could be. the second issue is when the cars cold and I'm driving the cars accelerates like it should, but once it gets to normal temp it seems to stumble or something of that sort acting like it doesn't want to go. My homeboy tells me it might be something to do with the electrical. So if any can help me out that wold be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 01-09-2008, 02:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: engine problems!!!

Try giving it a tune up if one is needed. It sounds like something electrical for sure.
Try putting in a new PCV Valve, Fuel Filter, Oil Change and oil Filter, new spark Plugs, spark plug wires (not sure if yours is distibutorless, if it is then the coil packs are probably still good). You can test your spark plugs also by pulling them out and turning over the car while grounding the plug on the car somewhere.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: engine problems!!!

Does the Check Engine Light stay ON?

As mentioned by MXandSXracer21, a basic tune might help if one hasn't been done in a while.

The idle problem also could be a bad EACV (IACV) or fast idle valve or a dirty EACV, which possibly might be fixed by cleaning with carburetor cleaner. The idle fluctuation may also be caused by a leak from a vacuum line or connection or a dirty throttle body. The stumbling might be a loose throttle cable.