Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Electronics Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Default Electronics Failure

Ok here is the background on this.... new clutch put in as well as spark plugs, wires, rotor button, distributor cap, and battery. Before all of this temp was running fine and electronics...for my 2000 ex 4dr.

Now...my car is having some trouble, 75% time it will crank fine but the temperature gage is going up and down while driving....and then sometimes the car won't turn on at all....while the electronics cut on and off...such as the speed, temperature gage going up and down, the rpm as well. The radio cuts on and off....Its like the lights are getting dim and then becoming bright...Also when the car temp gage returns to normal intermittently...the car ac is cold otherwise its a crab shoot.

Well the top return hose is hot so this tells me the water is moving, the battery has had a load test and is fine,...even with the engine running the proper amp is coming in from the alternator. There is enough fluid, no air in the oil(usually defined by white bubbles in the oil so the head gasket is fine...also if I have to pop the clutch out the engine has always idled fine and runs great no loss in gas mileage..no skipping or anything of that nature. Any ideas all I can come up with is the computer needs to be reprogrammed, we have jiggled all the wires underneath the hood to kind of see if we can find a short...but nothing seems to be making any of the symptoms...

Old 05-27-2007, 09:14 PM
SiX
Default RE: Electronics Failure

kindof sounds like the regulatore in the alternator... or a grounding cable. should be a couple in there. Ive seen where a lot of people, on the forums, have missed the grounding cable on the xmission but could be something else