Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

drivers side wont lock

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
HCF Member
Default drivers side wont lock

Well got the window fixed but got a different problem now. I reconnected the lock switch and put the handle cover back on and now my car wont lock unless by force. Not something that I need fixed right away cause I do have an alarm on my 98 EX. But still a PITA...

when i use the switch it trys to lock and then unlocks immediately.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: drivers side wont lock

Is there something pushing on the lock? sometimes things can get pushed under them or they could get stuck and it won't lock.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

yeah something has to be stuck, maybe you tightened the plastic handle too close to the lock. Loosen it up and see if that works

Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 PM
HCF Member

Yea I tried that, I tried different methods with the cover off and pushing the tab by hand, then connecting the switch and using the electric switch, with the cover on then off.... It works if I pull the cord that goes to the tab to unlock and lock.

If I can't get this fixed, i'm wondering if it will cost more money to fix the lock than the track on the window would of beenlol... [:@]

Old 02-26-2008, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

might be the motor then thats too weak

Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

Thats what i'm worried about.... I think either somewhere behind the panel theres something pinching it, awire or something, or like you said the motors weak. I think when I had the handle open and pushed the lock down it might of strained it.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:50 PM
HCF Member

where do you live? cuz if its close to me i would take a look at it and see if i can figure anything out. So im guessing you check the connections and you've tried different configurations so. does it look like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2X-Po...em310026152496

Old 02-26-2008, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

I live in Deerfield NH it'snear manchester. Ya you can come up andcheck it out if you want, the whole things kinda got me stumped.

I didn't check the motor or anything cause I had just gotten the panel back on so I'm kinda like no way i'm taking it back off again lol, for tonight anyway.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

ill look it up on the computer morrow and see if i can get you some documents to go through. on your door locks and ill scan it in morrow night when i get home. How does that sound and i meant if you lived near me you could come and i would take a look. But ill look it all up for you morrow get all the info that i can on it

Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM
HCF Member

Thanks dude, I do have the 96-00 service manual that was hooked up by RonJ. But it's not in sections, so I have to search page by page... and that **** is long. Thats where I found diagrams for my window problem. But couldn't pin-point the locks.

Quick Reply: drivers side wont lock