Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

dome lights dont work

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:08 PM
HCF Member
Default dome lights dont work

my dome lights are not working and i dunno why i checked the fuses for that and they all are good my trunk light works thought also i checked to see if the dome light is getting power to see if it was the bulb and they are not getting power at all i really dont need them but would not mind fixing them and having something to mess with also it is a 2000 ex coupe

Old 08-08-2008, 08:26 PM

does the dome light turn on when you open the other door instead of the driver's side door? if so, the dome light switch in the doorjamb could be messed up. does the dome light work when you manually flip the switch all the way to the on position?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Are you talking about the rear ceiling light or the forward spotlight? How did you check for power? In both cases, power is supplied by the WHT/RED wire.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

well accutally both dome lights are not working the forward spot light and the rear spotlight lights are not working and nope the light doesnt even come on whenever i manually flip the switch they dont work at all is what i am saying dont even turn on even if i try to manually turn them on.
How i checked to see if they were getting power was by taking the power needle tester hooking it up to the battery and putting it in the light on the wire to see if it had power or not and they are both not getting power

Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by JakeyMan07
well accutally both dome lights are not working the forward spot light and the rear spotlight lights are not working and nope the light doesnt even come on whenever i manually flip the switch they dont work at all is what i am saying dont even turn on even if i try to manually turn them on.
How i checked to see if they were getting power was by taking the power needle tester hooking it up to the battery and putting it in the light on the wire to see if it had power or not and they are both not getting power

My dome light dont work either... lol

Old 08-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by JakeyMan07
To check whether the forward spotlights and rear ceiling light are getting power, disconnect the connector for each light and then touch one probe of the test light to the terminal for the WHT/RED wire and the other probe to ground (metallic part of body frame). If the test light turns ON, you have power. If so, check whether the bulbs are burned out.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
My dome light dont work either... lol
Check whether fuse 43 is blown or whether the light bulbs burned out. If both are fine, check the light switch.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

well i know the bulbs are not burtn out for sure cause i put new bulbs in there but i checked the fuses also i will check that fuse 43 again and yes sir that is how i checked to see if they had power put it on a ground and it did not show up it is prolly just a fuse and i checked the wrong one i will check it and let you guys know

Old 08-09-2008, 03:43 PM

i think i heard somewhere that a fuse can be blown and not actually appear blown

Old 08-09-2008, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

My forward light works fine but my rear one won't come on when I open either door. I have a 98 ex coupe, and the rear liht comes on when I turn on the switch, just not when the doors open.

Quick Reply: dome lights dont work