Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Custom Trunk Sub~!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

i could explain it to you on how to fiberglass but i figured it would be better just to let a professional shop do it that way it is the right size and is tuned correctly if you still want to do it yourself i can explain

Old 12-20-2009, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

wow i heard its hard to make your own box and speaker boxes arent that expensive to buy but custom work is custom work they have many videos on youtube on how to make them. oh and if you want it attached to your trunk your best bet is to make a wood floor like I did i bolted my box to my custom floor and it isnt goin anywhere haha I have directions on how i made my floor if you want them

Old 12-20-2009, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

hmm, well before i even attempt any step in this i'd like to know if putting my 12inch sub in the spare tire location would stop the rattling from my taillights & trunk itself?

I mean if it does great. but if not it's fine i just would like more room in the trunk as well.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 1995CivicEXBMF
I have directions on how i made my floor if you want them
Yes, i'd love to get the dimension/directions on how to make one. what material did you use?

Old 12-20-2009, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

the only way to stop rattling from the bass is by using dynomat ar something of that material

This is for the wood flooring

Material i used was a table saw, an electric sander, and a jig saw and make sure the screws are level with the wood or pushed in a little if you know what i mean? as for the wood make sure it wont bend like mdf wood.

Ok man umm first off you need some wood it all depends on what type of wood you want as long as it with-hold the weight then youre good. Once you have that (I hope you have the carpet that goes in your trunk) If you have the carpet make a stencil on the wood and cut it out. In order to get it to fit into your trunk you may have to make a CLEAN cut down the side(s). You may have to cut more from the wood because the carpet is never perfect with the shape of the trunk. You will end up putting it in and taking it back out to cut many times so dont get frustrated. once the shape is perfect with the trunk use 2 by 4s or 2 by 6s underneath the main base board. Here I made a diagram for you with instructions on how i did mine just go to this link::: http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/a...G_0032-1-1.jpg

Also before you make your trap door put the entire base board into your trunk and place the sub box exactly where you want it mark the wood where you want the trap door to be then take everything back out and cut out the trap door and put it all back in pray that you measured right because if you mess up on the cutting of the trap door then it will look crappy. MAKE SURE to measure many times before each cut. Once all is in and i have given you instructions and carpet install you can put the subs box and bolt that into the wood so it wont slide and no one can steal them. Ill tell you how when you get to that point

was the diagram any help?

Old 12-20-2009, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

hmm, the link didn't work. Oh, your giving me directions to making your set-up huh? I'm looking to making my spare tire area where my sub will be. (no trap door, it's nifty but not my style.lol)

and thanks for that advice dynomat..hmm but what if one of your taillights goes out?

Old 12-20-2009, 07:27 PM
HCF Member

no puting it in there won't stop the rattling

Old 12-20-2009, 07:31 PM
HCF Member

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/a...G_0032-1-1.jpg

well you can use what you can get out of the diagram since you want to use the spare tire area you and develop a custom box to fit like i said use youtube to see vids on how make the box

Old 12-20-2009, 07:51 PM
HCF Member

hmm, thanks 95civic. if i attempt to make this i'll be glad to show you the result.

and yup kanarrjl using the dynomat will stop the sound but still what if a taillight goes out?

Old 12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

Alright JayVee when you fix up your trunk with a custom or professional made box post up some pics so i can check it out

Quick Reply: Custom Trunk Sub~!