Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cluster Lights Won't Work

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Banned
Default Cluster Lights Won't Work

My lights in my cluster work occasionally. I have to press the dimming roller thing really hard to get my cluster lights to come on. I know it is because of the ground wire but I don't know how to fix it. I think it is a bad connection. I took out the dimming roller and narrowed it down to the ground wire by pulling on it. The problem is either with the dimmer or the wire not sure... Any suggestions?

Old 11-24-2006, 09:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cluster Lights Won't Work

i assume that there is a plug that goes into the dimmer, you need to determine if it is the wire on the plug or the connector hardwired to the dimmer, its easy enough to check the ground wire, connect an ohm meter to the end of wire and the frame, and wiggle the end of the wire to se fluxuations or breaks in the reading

if that tests out ok, then it must be the hardwired connection on the dimmer, the ony way to fix this is to dissasemble it. on my civic its not to hard to dissasemble the dimmer switch, from there you could solder the connector more securly, or you may want to go to a junkyard and pickup a new one