Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic stock stero with iPod????

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Default Civic stock stero with iPod????

Sorry for the long post but the second paragraph gets to the point.Okay so basically I want to connect my iPod to the civic stock stero. I have seen the harnesses that allow you to control the tracks and everything but they run for like 126 bucks.

So here's the problem I have a 6 cd changer in my car with a 8pin din. I bought a 8pin din iPod cable and figured it would hook up fine and just think it was the cd player still. Well I was wrong but what confuses me is that if I turn the car on with the cd player hooked and click the cd button option then disconnect the cd player and plug in the iPod one it works is there anyway to "fool" the stero to thinking the cd player is always in?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Disconnect the battery, plug in adapter, reconnect battery, enter security code if necessary, should all work. If not, contact the manufacturer of the adapter.

Turning the key off does not fully power down the stereo. It has another feed that is always live, when you disconnect the battery that will reset the control computer in the stereo.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:58 PM

tried that it didn't work it's just a cable with a din port at one end and an iPod connector at the other the cable works fine and is for use with aux ports but the player won't switch to the cd mode unless the cd player is in. Anyway around this? The cable works once the player is in cd mode and I unplug it and plug in the iPod cable so the has to be possible..