Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic shut down completely, restarted though

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:16 AM
HCF Member
Default Civic shut down completely, restarted though

One day, I started up my car and began driving. It was kind of hot so I ed the A/C. Anyway, about 200 yards later, my car shut down completely. The engine wasn't running and the clock on my dashboard was off but the fan for the interior was still blowing. I put the car back into park and restarted the car. I haven't had any problems since.

Has this happened to anyone else and anyone know the source of this problem?

Old 03-11-2008, 06:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Civic shut down completely, restarted though

I had that happen once, Car just stalled out on my for know aparent reason. Turned out to be the oxygen sesnor that went bad, CEL didnt come on till a few weeks later thou. I guess it ran too rich and stalled. Don't know about the fan and dashboard lights thou was on a off ramp on 295 didnt want to stay there for long, lol. Might not be your problem thou could be alot of other things.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 AM
HCF Member

possibly ur fuses to the battery came lose for an instant cutting ur fuel and killled the car but only for a instant. try checking all the wires to ur battery and making sure there good and tight and good contact surface.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
HCF Member

Grounds possibly...I had a bad headlight ground and when I turned on my headlight everything cut out for a second.