Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

CD Player Installation Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Default CD Player Installation Help

I just got this old CD Player (CDX-F5000 SONY) for my Honda Civic 2002. The previous CD owner has Nissan, so the wire connector that comes with the cd player fits w/ Nissan only, not Honda civic.

Do I have to remove Civic Radio to install the CD Player?
How do I get the CD to work with my Civic?

Thanks guys

Old 03-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Default RE: CD Player Installation Help

Your gonna have to take both your current harness and the old one apart from the plastick connectors and manually connect the son ova bitch. My friends 1994 Nissan Maxima comes stock with NO HARNESS just straight up wires in the mug. Some arent gonna make sense and you may have others left over. BUT DONT TAKE MY OPINION for 100% thats just my exsperience and i dont have much of that anyway, so try and get atleast one second opinion

Old 03-23-2007, 12:38 AM
June 2010 ROTM

Does your civic not have a cd player? Is it only a radio? You can hook both up by splicing that wires from the aftermarket cd player into the corresponding wires from the radio but you may get static or distortion because of the double source (radio and cd player) and single output.I would just take out the radio and replace it with the cd-player. You can go to circuit city or best buy to see if they have the right harness. If not, just connect the wires together. The cd-player should have a color code diagram on the bottom of it. Here's a link to some of the civic's color codes: http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf Just match up 'em up and connect 'em.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:21 AM

Yay glad that i was atleast heading in the right direction.....

Old 03-23-2007, 07:28 AM

Nope .. my civic only has Radio .. and Yes, thank you for the advices .. I'll replace the radio w/ the CD player..

Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: danomatic93

Does your civic not have a cd player? Is it only a radio? You can hook both up by splicing that wires from the aftermarket cd player into the corresponding wires from the radio but you may get static or distortion because of the double source (radio and cd player) and single output.I would just take out the radio and replace it with the cd-player. You can go to circuit city or best buy to see if they have the right harness. If not, just connect the wires together. The cd-player should have a color code diagram on the bottom of it. Here's a link to some of the civic's color codes: http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf Just match up 'em up and connect 'em.

if you have power door locks, the factory security system or remote entry, you need to leave the factory radio connected, as the controls for most of the above features, rely upon the radio being there

Old 03-23-2007, 05:35 PM

got it installed .. much easier than I thought .. thanks