Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Can not play CD after installed the amplifier !

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Talking Can not play CD after installed the amplifier !

it was weird that i can't play CD after i installed the amplifier. The AM and FM and all 4 speakers and sub are work fine but CD has no sound. Anyone know what is the problem is ? any suggestion about this. plz help

Old 02-21-2010, 11:16 PM

what kind of system are you running as far as amp and headunit? im asuming it worked before you installed the amp? were did you get your main power for your amp from. Direct from the battery or did you try hooking it up to your head unit? (iv seen it before) if it is hooked to the head unit then its drawing more power than the radio can handle so something has to shut down someware. what are you running off the amp? subs? if all you are running is subs remove the trigger wire from amp and see if you get sound through the rest of the speakers.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:17 PM

what kind of system are you running as far as amp and headunit? im asuming it worked before you installed the amp? were did you get your main power for your amp from. Direct from the battery or did you try hooking it up to your head unit? (iv seen it before) if it is hooked to the head unit then its drawing more power than the radio can handle so something has to shut down someware. what are you running off the amp? subs? if all you are running is subs remove the trigger wire from amp and see if you get sound through the rest of the speakers.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Sounds like you have connected the amp's remote turn on to the wrong wire from the head unit. The "power antenna" wire is live only when playing AM/FM. When you play a CD, the antenna is not needed so that wire turns off, which turns off your amp the way you have it wired.

Use the "amp turn on" wire instead. Usually the power antenna wire is solid blue and the amp turn on is blue with a white stripe-- but check your head unit's manual to be sure. If you don't have the manual go to the manufacturer's website they are usually available to download.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by mk378
Sounds like you have connected the amp's remote turn on to the wrong wire from the head unit. The "power antenna" wire is live only when playing AM/FM. When you play a CD, the antenna is not needed so that wire turns off, which turns off your amp the way you have it wired.

Use the "amp turn on" wire instead. Usually the power antenna wire is solid blue and the amp turn on is blue with a white stripe-- but check your head unit's manual to be sure. If you don't have the manual go to the manufacturer's website they are usually available to download.
+1. people come to me with this problem at work all the time when they do their own amps. and 9 times out of 10 this is the solution.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:48 AM
HCF Member

he could do that, and it would would just fine. The only difference is that if you turn your radio off, your amps will stay on. but if you have it hooked to the remote out, when you turn the radio off, the amps will also turn off.

its not a big deal, you can do it either way, its just a little easier to hook it up to the aftermarket radio since you will have to run RCAs to the radio anyway.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:02 PM

basically i tried to hook up 4 channels , so there are 8 wires for the font+rear Right and left and 1 wire for the remote run from the amp though the head unit. what i did, i connected the remote wire with the power antenna. i will look for the manual , see what i can do.