Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Bubbling/Water Rushing sound while braking!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Default Bubbling/Water Rushing sound while braking!?

I am having a couple problems with my 2001 Civic LX, all starting last night when I left work..

First off, as soon as I start moving I get this weird metallic scraping sound (Like dragging an antennae on the cement kind of) but it only does it a couple times a trip, and only for about a half second, if that... And just recently this afternoon I began to notice the sound of water rushing forward on the passenger side while I brake, I could also describe the sound as somebody blowing bubbles in water. As far as I can tell so far there has been no change in performance, just the random noises, anyone have any ideas as to what is causing these? and what the future problems could be?

Also, I realized i forgot to add that for the last few weeks i have gotten a loud squeeling noise that sounds like a belt problem, but it only happens when I am at or around 3000 RPM, not above, not below, and usually when it is decelerating through 3000 RPM (ie. When i take my foot off the gas)

Old 12-15-2005, 10:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Bubbling/Water Rushing sound while braking!?

Sounds like the brakes are do to be looked at...REALLY SOON.
You could be lucky and have some sort of debris caught up in the works, but might be a rotor getting chewed up by lack of brake pad.
The squeal might be a loose belt....take a look under the hood....if you find black powdery residue the belt is slipping (and squealing). You might also see that the sides are highly polished and shiny. Change the belt before it breaks.
Good luck.