Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Brother messed up my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Default RE: Brother messed up my car

I know its not the battery cause its dying cause i had to tow it and use the brakes also from trying so many different thing to fix it then starting it so its not the battery. It could some how be from the alarm system but i think it would have to be in the computers programingof the security system. We couldn't see any melted wires but will check it all again. Yes i still have all my power windows, Lights and stuff thats why i'm wondering if some how its the main relay.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:40 PM
gwl
HCF Member

I guess you will need to charge up your battery. After rereading your earlier posts, did you every find the number 2 fuse? Did you trace your wires from your ignition switch? On my 97 Civic, I have BLK/YEL going to through a fuse to the distributor which should have voltage when the key is "ON" position. Two BLU/WHT going through a fuse one going to the PGM-FI main relay and the other going the PCM, these are hot while cranking. And finally a YEL/GRN also going the PCM-FI relay but it is hot at the "ON" position and during cranking. Again the color of your wires can be different but the logic is the same.
I suggest that you check your voltage with a meter with the key in the ignition at the on and starting position.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

I son't know it its the problem but heres the color codes for the wire harness (Straight form Directechs). Either make sure they are right or what I recommend is replacing the factory harness and use an aftermarket harness to plug up the radio.

Radio 12v
white/blue
+
radio harness

Radio Ground
black
-
radio harness

Radio Ignition
yellow/red
+
radio harness

Radio Illumination
red/black
+
radio harness

Factory Amp Turn-on
N/A

Power Antenna
N/A

LF Speaker +/-
blue/green - gray/black
+,-
radio harness

RF Speaker +/-
red/green - brown/black
+,-
radio harness

LR Speaker +/-
blue/yellow - gray/white
+,-
radio harness

RR Speaker +/-
red/yellow - brown/white

Old 07-04-2007, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the help so far everyone. No i didn't find the #2 fuse.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:21 PM
HCF Member

check all your fuses but only after you kick your brother in the nuts

Old 07-04-2007, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

I'm gonna hafta agree with Marty - although kicking your brother in the nuts is purely your discretion.

Also, if you have the dash panel off, check to make sure all of the harness connections in there are tight - he may have pulled on the radio harness and/or whatever else while installing the alarm to pull a connection free - i.e., the ignition switch as part of the steering column's harness. Hey - it's worth a look.

Check the ECU fuse as well. And if it's bad and pops again, I'd try to find a way to disconnect the alarm, put it back to original, and start over with the alarm installation - cuz it sounds like something didn't go right with that.

Good luck and let us know how you get it fixed.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:01 AM

+1 on a kick in the nutz!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM

I am having a guy look at it tomorrow and he said the computer might be fried but if he needs to he will tear the security system out and put it all back together.

edited color to blue so its easier to find my replys

Old 07-18-2007, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

What about your brother - did you carry through with his kick to the nutz?

Old 07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
HCF Member

The battery needs more power to start the car, so even if all other things work, the battery might not have enough power to crank the engine. Did you take out the radio that your brother put in? there is probably a short in there.
Sorry for saying the same thing as eveeryone else, but thats what is usually the problem.

Quick Reply: Brother messed up my car