Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

anyone used a fender roller tool? how ya do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default anyone used a fender roller tool? how ya do?

WELL my credit card payment finaly showed up..... so i bought a new fender roller..... the used ones would have only saved me about 40bucks.... so why not spend alittle more and buy one BRAND NEW.......

so hopefully it will be in the mail soon enough coming to me.......
comes with the heatgun and tool of course... something about keeping it from paint from breaking and chiping when rolling.....

well now that ill be geting the tool ive THOUGHT... either keep the tool and LOCALY roll peoples fenders that need it done for a fee (no paint garentees)...... OR just slap it up for sale alittle cheaper and sell it.....
cause lets face it your cars only got 4 fender lips to roll.LOL i dont see this happening ALOT!!!!!

wondering if anyone has done thiers with this tool and has any tips or tricks.....

i see how some people only roll what part that the fender rolls.........
but i wanna roll the whole fender lip just so it looks alot beter.... BUT these just obvious rolled areas just dont look good enough to me!
looks like the only thing that wont roll is the plastic bumper.LMFAO

also with removing the front inner plastic linings.... can i modify them to still fit.....just like lifted inside alittle more so they wont rub when i get my rims?

Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 PM
gwl
HCF Member
Default RE: anyone used a fender roller tool? how ya do?

Make sure there isn't any bondo around the fenderwells. A friend of mine rolled his fenders that had mud and it wasn't pretty.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well im not flaring the fenders... just that inner fender lip rolled back up into the wheel well...

Name:  winterrimsdone-6.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  42.6 KB

just that inner lip...... the rims im gonna get are 42MM offset so HOPEFULLY it will be beter than those 40MM offset rims..... also considering running smaller tires BUT problem with that is they are a more RARE size so i dont have much of a tire selection to chose from.
i figure ill buy the rims then take it to the tire shop and have one 205-40-17 of my choice on that way i can move that rim around and see if it will have any problems with rubbing... and if it does rubb ill be forced to buy the smaller size tires and suffer alittle on quality of tire... i loved my old kuhmo esca ASX tires and would LOVE to stick with them!

Old 07-17-2007, 02:26 PM

tip - don't hold the heat gun in one place for a long time or you WILL bubble the paint.

and only do a small amount at a time, so roll it a tiny bit, adjust the tool, then roll it again till you get it where you want it.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok ya i kinda figured take it real slow... at least thats what the info ive read so far....

i just hope i dont jack up the paint!!!!!!!!! and dont wrinkle the outter fender.LOL

Old 07-17-2007, 04:30 PM
gwl
HCF Member

Yeah take it slow, you don't want to have your paint lifting. On my friend's car, it was his 69 Camaro, the previous owner use mud to covered rot from rust.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i know my civics been wrecked once in front and once in rear... but the fenderss LOOK ok.......
doesnt look to have any bondo thier on the rears....