Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

ALARM wiring in trunk lid sensor.... is thier a wire under the dash i can tap into?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default ALARM wiring in trunk lid sensor.... is thier a wire under the dash i can tap into?

wiring in trunk lid sensor.... is thier a wire under the dash i can tap into?

what it says........
i just got done instaling my lcd paging alarm/starter system and i got preaty much everything wired in besides the trunk protection.....
i think thier should be a wire under the dash since thier is a idicator light in the cluster for the trunk......

just want to know if i have to run anew wire all the way back to it or not.... id like to keep from running any extra wires that i can thru this car... already gonna have pleanty ran around my civic.
i still want to wire in a remote trunk poper and wire that in thru the alarm only.

only thing i couldnt figure out want to wire in is the rear defroster option. BUT i figure i dont need that option since i park in a garage.LOL

HOPING SOME ONE CAN HELP ME OUT QUICKLY....
my alarm diagram had the important wire colors/locations but didnt say anything for the trunk

just waiting to get that area protected before i start building my new subwoofer box...

i must also ask... WTF is up with all these dam wire conectors?????????????
i also noticed some one must have instaled a ghetto starter kill...... what is that conector suposed to look like? is it just a loop?
to me it just looks like a car thieves dream hotwire location!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...icALARM003.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...icALARM004.jpg

Name:  civicALARM005.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  11.2 KB

O YA IT LOOKS GOOD!
Name:  civicALARM006.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  14.7 KB

Name:  civicALARM001.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  40.3 KB
THIS COMBO JUST WAITING....
Name:  df7f4854.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  26.8 KB
Name:  RESXs004.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  20.1 KB

Old 06-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Default RE: ALARM wiring in trunk lid sensor.... is thier a wire under the dash i can tap into?

From the "wiring guide" I have it lists: "trunk trigger(-) ~ Blue/Black ~ harness at fuse box or green oem alarm plug under dash right of column"

Yea ghetto installed alrams are worry some, the alarm previously in my dx was actualy spliced into the wiring for an earlier alarm install that was just as ghetto for it's install.

Old 06-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: ALARM wiring in trunk lid sensor.... is thier a wire under the dash i can tap into?

well if im not mistaken it looks like its the keyless entry module cause it talks about not interfereing with other signals. so id asume its for the keyless entry. but why so many of those crimp on conector thingies.
and that plug for the starter wire.....
it doesnt kill the starter unless the ornage wire gets a ground. so its realy not bothering my instal now, but i definatly want to cut it off and at least loop those wires so they are realy short and not easily hotwired around my starter kill.