Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

98 LX Window Track

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 09:44 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 98 LX Window Track

Hey guys thought you might like this. Did some more searching around on the net and found this: Window Bind Problem manual

Old 05-06-2007, 11:24 AM

Had this problem for about a year or so, evry so often ( especialy when cold out ), the drivers window would jump the track if I went down past the half way mark. I would take the door liner off and put it back on trackeach time. Then one day I took a closer look andI noticed the problem was mainly in the back track, so I lubed the hell out of it with silicone spray to soften it up, I havn't had a problem since.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: nocturn

Had this problem for about a year or so, evry so often ( especialy when cold out ), the drivers window would jump the track if I went down past the half way mark. I would take the door liner off and put it back on trackeach time. Then one day I took a closer look andI noticed the problem was mainly in the back track, so I lubed the hell out of it with silicone spray to soften it up, I havn't had a problem since.
Stuff works wonders!

Old 05-24-2007, 02:10 PM

I have the exact SAME problem in my 1990 Honda Civic SI. The window (drivers side) was completely missing when the car was purchased. I paid to have a new one installed. I even purchased a new register to go inside the door so it would slide up correctly. It still has the same problem, I have to push against the window pushing towards the back so it lines up straight. The people who replaced my registrer and installed the window itself said I needed new weather stripping...but my weatherstripping is actually not in bad shape. I am at a loss.[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 06-14-2007, 03:42 AM

oh.. wish i had read this before i used my whole 5ft 2" inch self to force my window winder up..'96 coupe...have shattered my glass and now been told by main windscreen dealers that i need new register? to hold the glass... honda tell me i need to replace the seal as that is what will have caused the problem??..

paid 60 quid excess for piece of glass that autoglass have left with me!!..they have perspexed up my window..

and quoted 177+vat for new register/seal and to fit

Why is nothing ever simple???

Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

mine does it too i have to doit every day its pops out when i roll down my window all the way on my passenger side luckly i have ac now so i dont gotta worry bout it but yeah is there something else in the door besides the regulator and the window mounts that you can ajust and/or bend so this will stop once and for all?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:13 AM
HCF Member

Do everything that EJ 98 said to do.

I just fixed the drivers side window that was off track.

I put loctite on the 10mm bolt down at the bottom that holds the track after putting the window back into the tracks and then sprayed silicone in all the window tracks.

Actually there was no 10mm bolt when I opened it up and even found an old screw driver down in the door frame.

Evidently the previous owner didn't do it right.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

there is TSB out for this problem. I can't think of the # right now, but look it up on one of the online sites.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:33 PM

i have a 92 civic with crank window that came off track

Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

right before a graduation party, i was dressed all nice and ****, i had to hold my window and roll it down and gently let the window go into track.. well it slipped out of my hands and shattered, i got pissed off and punched it out (tint was holding it in place) and it cut my hand all up and i got blood all over my nice outfit.. so much for that glass thats not suppost to cut you ay! lol, anyhow heres what i did...

1. goto junkyard (if your in PA, goto Maroneys Foreign Auto Parts, their good on their prices) and get a new Window Regulator.. or in my case, a new window too! XD

2. take door pannel off (for ek's, theres a screw in the change holder thing on the arm rest, screw near the handle, and 3 around the speaker)..

3. put the window into the track, you have to slide it tword the windshield and get that side on first, then get the backside in

4. pull the regulator up to hold the window and put the plastic screw to hold the window perminatly.

now heres how to get it to stop popping off track

1. inspect your regulator, if it is bent just a little bit, it will throw it off track
2. inspect your side tracks, you want them to line up with the window to make it harder to pop off

aditional:

dont roll ur window up and down like an *** or that could possibly bend the regulator, do it normal and slow, dont worry, the air on the outside will still come in 2 seconds later

spray silicone spray on the track and roll the window up and down to lube up the entire track, this helps it glide easy without being forced which means less pressure to throw it off track

i went thru this with both of my windows, i had to pay someone to do it for me, luckily i know now how to fix it haha.