Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

98 Civic EX- Windows Won't Work (electrical)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Default 98 Civic EX- Windows Won't Work (electrical)

I'm new to the forum but i figured you guys would know how to help. I have a 98 Civic EX (4 Door) and well, the windows won't work (exception: the driver's side window still works fine, along with the moon roof). this wouldn't be a problem except that the passenger window is now stuck down... I got the front windows down, but only the driver's side will roll back up. I thought it might have been just the wiring in the driver's side, so I tried using the individual switches to no luck. Any suggestions? I've checked the fuses (both interior fuses and the ones in the engine compartment...)

Thanks for your help

-Tim

Old 09-07-2007, 03:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 98 Civic EX- Windows Won't Work (electrical)

Check all the connections. My pass side one came loose and it made them not work. Also there should be a little box inside the drivers side front door that has the control relays for the windows. That might be whats wrong.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 98 Civic EX- Windows Won't Work (electrical)

4trw,

This doesnt really help your case but maybe you could help me - which fuses work the pass side window (do you remember the numbers?) thanks, sorry to kinda hijack the thread, I've been having a similar problem but with the window stuck up on the pass side.

Also could be problems with either the regulator or the motor - I think there is a good DIY on here, but I guess I'd make sure that is what it is before you start tearing your door apart...