Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

94 integra left low beams don't work, and now even more problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:03 PM
HCF Member
Default 94 integra left low beams don't work, and now even more problems

when i noticed my girlfriend's left turn signal was flashing fast, i noticed that the front left turn signal wasn't working. i thought it was the bulb so when i put the left bulb onto the right side, i was right and it didn't work.

the tricky thing is, when i took the right bulb and put it on the left side, it still didn't work. i bought a new bulb and put it in the left side, and it still didn't work. and then i noticed that the left lowbeam doesn't work either. so in conclusion both the left lowbeam and left turn signal don't turn on and it's not the bulbs, i checked both

i looked at the fusebox under the steering wheel and checked the left lowbeam fuse and it's fine. i saw a fuse labled f r turn signal, if that means front right turn signal, then why isn't there a l r turn signal fuse. so i'm guessing that it's not a fuse problem

is there any fuses for the left light under the hood? her box has no labels

any other ideas for why the light isn't working, help is much appreciated, thankz

Old 09-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 94 integra left low beams don't work

well what i would do is use a 12volt light tester and first check every fuse in the fuse box BOTH sides of the fuse for power... and if all are good i would say then pull off the light bulbs wire conector and test the wires.... if they have power when they are suposed to then it might be something as small as a ground wire... or maybe a cracked wire or a wire in the conector is just loose.....

Old 09-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Could be the ground wire to the lights up front on the left side. I think there are only 2 fuses, one for turn signals (right and left on the same fuse) and one for hazards (Try the hazard button and see if it blinks then). But there are probably 4 fuses for the headlights, high and low on each side.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

well, i pulled the fuse out for the left low beam and put it in another slot to check if the fuse was okay and it worked there, so i know it's not the fuse

where would i buy a reliable 12v light tester for a cheap price and how do i pull the wires off the connecter, or do you mean just pull out the bulb and test under it??

and how do i test both sides of the fuse?? i don't see any holes around it or anything

Old 09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

anywhere? autozone, walmart, its a very basic tool!
its just 1 wire clip for ground and a metal spike on the other end which ya touch to the positive wire. very simple very effective. just DO NOT PROBE ANY WIRES with a yellow wire jacketing.LOL those are your air bag wires under the dash.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

alright, i'll go to walmart and buy it tomorrow

even more problems now, for some reason the left lowbeam light, the dashlights, all other interior lights, and the dim brake lights along with the regular brake lightsdon't turn on until you hit the brakes. so pretty much, only the headlights work all the time and all the other lights only turn on when you hit the brakes

any ideas why