Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

5k rev

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Default 5k rev

just started this a few weeks back. cant rev past 5k i used to go 7k . its a 2001 b20z2 w/stock
ecu and harness, all stock motor.
anyone else with this prob?

Old 07-23-2007, 04:46 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 5k rev

Are you throwing any cel's, or have you tried resetting the ecu?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 AM

its ur cam angle sensor

Old 07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: paulb16

its ur cam angle sensor
How can you be so sure? there are alot of things that could do that.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:19 PM

because to just set a like fake rev limiter i have seen already 3 times of 3 diff civics and it will be the crankshaft position sensor. go to like autozone and have them run a check on ur car when its doing it.

10 to 1 it will be the sensor.

i can say this because she didnt say any other problem no sputtering nothing, so if its just a rev limit issue it will be a cheap fix. the sensor isnt expensive either and really ez to change

Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 PM

srry bout saying she i was thinkin of another post but ya easiest thing to do is go get a free code check at auto zone or ur nearest parts store

Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 PM

so witch one, cam or crankshaft?

Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 PM

to me since i am a nissan head its called a cam angle sensor and ima look up the part on the civic right now, cuz i remember it being called sumthing diff. the one i am talking about is the one on the cam gear, and i looked it up on autozone.com and its called on honda's the crankshaft postion sensor >< idk. honda peeples lol. name it for a diff part. but ya its the one on the cam and its called the crankshaft position sensor.

i will be happy when i put a damn sr20det into my 96 4dr lx >< so i deal with real parts lol

Old 07-24-2007, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: cpl rampage

ORIGINAL: paulb16

its ur cam angle sensor
How can you be so sure? there are alot of things that could do that.
really name one thing that will not sputter ur engine, not affect ur engine what so ever but lower ur rev limiter. just one thing i would love to find out that there are alot of things that will just lower ur rev limiter. a fouled plug. NOPE will sputter engine. split in wire causing weak spark, same comment, um clogged fuel injector NO, bad fuel filter, NO. wut else maybe a bad maf but no ****ed idle and runs rich or lean. NEXT. bad rotor? bad distributor. NOPE and its a 2001 uses coilpacks right? idk my civics that well, but if coil packs HAS NO DISTRIBUTOR OR CAP OR ROTOR OR PLUG WIRES so all that gets ruled out. and **** points str8 towards the in the real world its called "cam angle sensor" but honda designers i guess wanted to be outside the box and name it "crankshaft postion sensor" which tells the coilpacks to fire >< so to your there is lots of things that will lower ur rev limiter comment, think more about wtf the problem is b4 u speak. THNX

Old 07-25-2007, 03:08 AM
HCF Member

Im not going to get into a fight on the internet, but you dont have to talk so condesending. Part of the reason I questioned you was because you provided no extra info as to how you concluded to that answer in your first post.

But on with the real subject here, one of my first thoughts was he could be throwing a cel, which put him into limp home mode and wont allow him to rev up.

Quick Reply: 5k rev