Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2007 painful headrests - what to do??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Default RE: 2007 painful headrests - what to do??

Hmm...I dont have any probs with that...sometimes Ill put my head back against the headrest while driving and its quite comfortable to me...but like said above Im sure if you just recline it a notch you will be fine.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:03 AM

Thanks Gene. I took your advice and went to the dealer yesterday to try out different seating positions. Tilting the seat helped some, but it still doesn't feel right enough. I've never sat in a car and had that bad a reaction!

Next step is to rent the car for a day to see if I can get comfortable after a few hours. If not, it'll have to be either re-upholster or choose a different car....

Best,
-- Scott

Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

This is the first car I have owned with "active" headrests. I imagine to work properly they must be quite close to your head. My ponytail brushes against it under normal driving, but I don't find it uncomfortable. When I climb in a friend's car and lean back I find it strange that the headrest is so far back.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Stinky Administrator

i have no problems with my 07 ex, and i agree with gene i get into another car and i'm like where are the head rest lol

Old 06-21-2007, 03:49 PM

As the driver, i have had no problems. Do not use it. The passenger however can relax and sit back. My wife had the same problem. Felt as if her head was being pushed forward. She slightly adjusted the rest up a little to change the angle where it met her head and this seemd to ease the discomfort.

BEFORE you buy, drive the car you want in HOT weather to ensure the A/C is working properly. i have had mine three days before taking it back to have the A/C looked at. It's STILL there. They are renewing the compressor and thermal expansion valve. nothing obvious found, just changing parts to see if it works better. Get it tomorrow, cross your fingers....

Old 06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
HCF Member

I agree that tilting the seat back should solve the problem but how about flipping the headrest around? Take it all the way out, turn it around, put it back in. Just an idea.

ORIGINAL: Wingnut

BEFORE you buy, drive the car you want in HOT weather to ensure the A/C is working properly. i have had mine three days before taking it back to have the A/C looked at. It's STILL there. They are renewing the compressor and thermal expansion valve. nothing obvious found, just changing parts to see if it works better. Get it tomorrow, cross your fingers....
Sorry you are having that problem but seriously, how many more times am I going to have to read about it? You post it as part of every post you make.