Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2004 Civic rear passenger window not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Default 2004 Civic rear passenger window not working

Tore down the rear right passenger door this afternoon after the window wouldnt roll up... at all. No motor sound, nothin. Couldnt even wiggle the window up to shut it. Went ahead and removed the old motor\regulator unit and ordered a new one without thinking. However, upon testing the two pin connector that the stupid thing plugs into .... i get no current. Zero, zip, nada.

Now, i started off with a headache this morning, this made it worse, which leads me to why im here. Am i 'doing it wrong', have i lost my mind, or am I just going to have to suck it up and run a new set of wires.
Picture of the stupid little thing is below.

*edit* I'm also under the impression that the single fuse under the steering column is the only fuse that has anything to do with the power windows.
Also, this started this afternoon. I went out to the car for a nap at lunch while at work, rolled down all the windows, and this one is the only one that didnt come up. Grr

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Civic rear passenger window not working-photo.jpg  

Last edited by bainjj; 10-14-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:33 AM
HCF Member
Lightbulb

Hello,
I had a car with the same problem. I tested things and found that the drivers master switch went bad, found a used one for $10 put it in and all worked fine. The way I tested it was to put direct power to the up side of the motor then the down side all worked, then I knew the switch or wires were bad. The wires all looked fine, must be the master switch. I changed it out with the used one, no more problems. Hope this helps, keep us posted on the progess. Thanks, 2010civiclx

Old 10-15-2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by 2010civiclx
Hello,
I had a car with the same problem. I tested things and found that the drivers master switch went bad, found a used one for $10 put it in and all worked fine. The way I tested it was to put direct power to the up side of the motor then the down side all worked, then I knew the switch or wires were bad. The wires all looked fine, must be the master switch. I changed it out with the used one, no more problems. Hope this helps, keep us posted on the progess. Thanks, 2010civiclx
I totally didnt even think about the switch. Holy crap.
Well, the new motor\regulator comes in tomorrow. I'll hook it up and see if she purrs. I can always RMA it back if its the switch.
Thanks for the input, its amazing what we learn from second opinions.