Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2004 Civic LX prone to electrical issues??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
HCF Member
Default 2004 Civic LX prone to electrical issues??

I bought my 2004 Honda civic LX,5 speed sedan last summer with 55000 miles on it. I have about 69000 on it now. Bought it honda certified.

About two weeks into owning it I had to take it back and have them replace the dash cluster because the fuel gauge at a mind of it's own.

More recently,about two weeks ago,what happened is that even though the seat belt buckle was clicked in, the light stayed on and for the first approximate 20 minutes of driving it would beep every thirty seconds. I figure it would be something with the belt buckle/latch, because that takes constant wear and tear.

My 12 mo/12,000 mile certified warranty expired and now I'm into the after the fact warranty so I had to pay a $100 deductible to have this problem fixed. As opposed to a $350 bill.

First they put in a new body control module (I believe) that actually was the fuse panel junction box with a module inside it. This is where the bill came from. Did not fix it! Took it back, and they replaced the seat buckle, for free because they have to fix that type of thing. What do you know that fixed it.

I feel like writing a letter because they shouldn't have even dingle dicked around with the module!

Just wondering what electrical issues you guys have had! I have run mobil 1 5w20 since I bought the car and it runs perfect and doesn't burn a drop. All I've done to it was front brakes anda new set of tires. Mechanically I love the car, electrically I don't! I just would expect more from a car that was $13000 and I pay between the payment, warranty and insurance, almost $500 a month on!!!