Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

'07 Idling Rough and barely running

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Default '07 Idling Rough and barely running

Tonight I got in the civic to go to the store and started it up as usual and the car starts idling super rough with the check engine light blinking and a slight gasoline smell coming through the vents. I open the hood and check everything I could and everything seemed ok from what I saw.
So I close the hood, get in and start pulling out of the parking lot and the car is jerking and barely running. Usually in 1st gear the car would take off if you give it some gas and release the clutch, but tonight i had the pedal all the way to the floorboard and the thing would barely move. So I get out on the road and go from 1st to 2nd gear and it would barely get up to 15 mph. So I turned around and went back.
Last weekend it ran great, but tonight it idles super rough with a check engine light . What could have happened for it to go from a reliable civic to a barely running ride? The car had been cranking slowly the last couple times and the original battery is still in the car. Could it be the battery? It's an 07 manual.