Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

03 Civic factory alarm automatically arms itself

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Default 03 Civic factory alarm automatically arms itself

Hi, just bought an '03 Civic with a "theft deterrent system". The alarm seems to automatically arm itself (red light on top of steering wheel begins to blink) a few seconds after the car is turned off. If I press the "unlock" button on the key fob a couple of times it will deactivate the alarm, as expected, but its a pain to have to do that every single time I want to leave the alarm "off". For example when I park this thing in my garage at night I don't want to set the alarm. My kid went out to the car today, opened the door and the horn started blaring...

I'm hoping maybe this silly thing has some different "modes" that you can set? Maybe mine is set to the "agressive" mode (or whatevet it may be called. Is there a way to change the alarm settings or toggle between different modes? I don't have a printed owner's manual but the online version doesn't discuss the car's alarm system at all, so it was no help.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ben

Old 07-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 03 Civic factory alarm automatically arms itself

Does the alarm system arm if you don't lock the doors?